Best Baby Shoes For Boys Reviews
When babies start crawling, the first thing parents have to do is purchase a pair of the best baby shoes. The task if far from being easy and there are many things to take into account when choosing the footwear for your little one. If you don’t feel like reading our entire guide, check the best baby shoes for boys available on the market in the table below.
Your baby is growing fast and his well-development should be your main concern. For this reason, you should choose shoes with special features manufactured specifically for the first walkers and toddlers.
A baby’s foot is very different from the one of an adult and not only because of its size. The anatomy of the foot is also different, the most important difference being the absence of the plantar arch. The feet of the children is, in fact, physiologically flat because of a large amount of lipids present in a baby’s heel.
The plantar arch begins to develop after about three years of life, and to ensure that the little one’s development is adequate, it is important to pay attention to the type of footwear you buy. Let’s see what types of baby footwear there are, how to choose, and then read our reviews to discover the best baby shoes for boys.
Are Baby Shoes Necessary?
According to podiatrists, in the first months of life, the baby should not wear any shoes. To keep the baby’s feet warm during the winter months you should only use socks, while in the summer you should keep the baby’s feet bare.
Shoes don’t become a necessity from the first moment the baby starts walking either. In fact, it is recommended to let the child walk barefoot both indoors and outdoors, especially on grass, sand, and pebbles. This stimulates the formation of the plantar arch and therefore the disappearance of the flat foot, and it also helps the baby develop his balance.
Shoes become necessary when the baby, already a toddler, becomes really active and starts exploring the neighborhood, to avoid the direct contact between his feet and the sidewalk.
Nevertheless, if you decide to buy your baby some shoes before that moment arrives, it is important that the shoes are flexible and made of soft materials, to ensure the proper development of the tiny feet.
Baby Shoes Features & Characteristics
There are many features baby shoes must have to allow proper development. First of all, they must facilitate the movement of the feet inside the shoes, especially when the baby begins making his first steps.
Apart from that, baby shoes must be comfortable. The inner linen, in particular, must be soft and of high-quality to allow the shoe to adapt to the foot of the child and not vice versa. The tip of the shoes, on the other hand, must be rounded and wide to ensure freedom of movement and a proper articulation of the fingers.
Regarding the sole, it must be flexible. An effective method to measure the flexibility of the sole is to bend the shoe. If the tip bends at least 90 degrees effortlessly with the simple pressure of the hand than the shoes you choose are suitable for babies.
Furthermore, the sole of the baby shoes should be made of leather instead of rubber at least through the crawl and first steps phase.
Types Of Baby Shoes
On the market, there are many types of baby shoes and it will be easy for you to adapt their style to your personal preferences or to the season’s requirements. The baby shoes can be grouped into the following categories:
- Closed shoes: typically used during winter, they don’t have any top or side openings, ensuring the maximum protection against the cold. Apart from that, this type of shoes is extremely durable and most of the models available allow a proper development of the foot. However, it is not advisable to choose models with laces or that are hard to put on. The laces are a falling hazard, so try to choose shoes with more secure closures, such as Velcro.
- Semi-open shoes: a type of sandal designed specifically for small babies and toddlers, this type of shoes is a good alternative to closed shoes during summer. These shoes usually have two holes on the top of the shoe and some side holes too, a feature that ensures an adequate ventilation while protecting the baby’s feet from getting hurt.
- Open shoes: typically referred to as sandals, ensure the maximum breathability during the hot summer months but they are not suitable for small children and toddlers because the fingers are too exposed and the baby can easily hurt himself.
- Flip flops: although many manufacturers propose different models and colors of flip flops, this type of footwear is not suitable for small children. Flip flops can be uncomfortable and they don’t provide enough support for the first walkers and toddlers.
- Crocs: these are another type of semi-open shoes that cover the front of the foot and expose the heel. Crocs are usually fastened with a plastic strip that passes behind the ankle and keeps the shoe secured to the foot. Although they are comfortable for babies, it is advisable to avoid them, as they can easily tear.
How To Care For The Baby’s Shoes
Baby shoes don’t need excessive care, as the baby will probably only wear them for a couple of months, but there are some considerations to keep in mind. The most important is that you have to keep the baby’s shoes clean.
Babies have greater body elasticity compared to adults and they can easily bring the feet to their mouth. For this reason, making sure that the baby wears the cleanest shoes is a must.
To be able to clean the shoes thoroughly between two wears, it is advisable to have at least two pairs of shoes per season. Apart from that, the general shoe cleaning rules are simple and vary accordingly to the material of which the shoes are made.
Regardless of the material, never leave the shoes to soak in water as they might deform or the soles could detach. Canvas, suede and tennis shoes can be cleaned with a damp cloth and delicate soap, then let to dry at environmental temperature.
For suede shoes, there are also special cleaning sprays and brushes that help maintain the properties and aesthetics of the material.
Regarding leather shoes, they should be cleaned with appropriate products at least once a month, with a higher frequency during the summer. The soles of the leather shoes should be washed daily, paying attention to not deform the structure of the shoe.
With all this in mind, let’s see which are the best baby shoes for boys available on the market.
Best Baby Shoes For Boys
1. Wobbly Waddlers Baby Boy Leather Shoes – Logan
For when your baby starts to walk, a fashionable, stylish and extremely comfortable pair of shoes for him to wear is the Logan model from Wobbly Waddlers. Made of genuine premium leather, these shoes will make your little one the superstar of the neighborhood.
These baby boots are characterized by an attractive combination of colors. Apart from this, the shoes are comfortable to wear and easy to put on and take off thanks to the Velcro closure.
The insole of the shoes is also made of genuine leather and built to provide superior arch support to babies and toddlers alike.
The rubber sole provides an excellent traction, while the ankle support helps the baby find the strength and balance necessary for walking. According to the manufacturer, the shoes are approved by podiatrists and pediatricians.
Things We Liked
- Rounded toe cover: the baby’s feet will have plenty of space to wiggle thanks to the rounded tips of the shoes.
- Easy to put on and take off: thanks to the Velcro closure, the shoes are really easy to put on and take off.
- Various colors: Logan model comes in two different combinations of colors, white, red and blue or gray, beige and intense blue.
- Handcrafted: because of this characteristic, each pair of Wobbly Waddlers shoes is of superior quality and guarantees a great comfort.
Things We Didn't Like
- Although they offer a great comfort, these shoes seem quite inflexible and are not suitable to be worn for a long period of time.
2. Wobbly Waddlers Natura Baby Boy Shoes – Tristan
Designed for infant and toddlers up to three years old, the Natura line of Wobbly Waddlers proposes a collection of extremely flexible shoes created to provide all the characteristics required for a harmonic development of the baby’s feet.
The Tristan model is made of genuine premium leather uppers and insoles and boasts an extremely flexible rubber sole that will give your baby the feel that he is walking barefoot. Thanks to this characteristic, the shoes are perfect for the different stages of development, from crawling to walking.
Apart from this, another characteristic you’ll love is the round rubber tips that provide enough room for the toes to move freely. Furthermore, the Velcro closure ensures an easy put on and take off.
Things We Liked
- Natura Flex Technology: these shoes are extremely flexible, allowing the feet to move naturally regardless of the position of the baby.
- Great support: the shoes provide an excellent arch and ankle support, allowing babies to develop balance and strength.
- A wide variety of sizes: addressing babies in all their development stages, these shoes come in various sizes that fit babies between 9 months and 3 years old.
- Lovely design: apart from all the other considerations, these shoes are beautiful.
Things We Didn't Like
- The shoes tend to run small, therefore you might need to order a larger size for your baby.
3. Orgrimmar Baby Boys First Walkers Shoes
Designed specifically for first walkers, these baby shoes for boys from Orgrimmar impress with their beautiful and convenient design, the shoes providing excellent comfort and support to infants and toddlers who just started walking.
Perfect for the summer, these baby shoes are characterized by a semi-open design that will keep your baby’s feet ventilated.
The shoes are made entirely of leather, a great characteristic being the leather sole that promotes walking more than the models with a rubber sole.
Regarding the design, these shoes can easily match with any type of baby outfit being characterized by an elegant dark blue color combined with white and black. However, if you don’t like this style, the manufacturer proposes many alternatives.
Things We Liked
- Attractive details: the shoe’s sole is stitched to the uppers with a thick rope, the effect is really attractive and it inspires serenity.
- Multiple models available: this shoe is available in multiple finishes. The manufacturer even proposes closed shoe versions for the same model.
- Leather sole: leather soles are more slippery and help the baby walk easier at the beginning. Rubber soles offer a better traction in many cases but they also tend to make the baby fall with more ease.
- Breathable model: for the hot summer months, these shoes will be able to keep your baby’s feet dry and fresh.
Things We Didn't Like
- The sizes are not always accurate and figuring out what size your baby actually needs might be tricky sometimes.
4. Carter’s Every Step Andy Stage 1 Shoes
If you are looking for a beautiful pair of shoes for your little boy who just starts crawling, or for the perfect gift for a baby shower party, the Andy model from Carter’s might be the one you are looking for.
These shoes are designed specifically for the stage one, namely the crawling stage, and are characterized by a superior flexibility while they are extremely easy to put on and take off.
The rounded tip and wide design are thought to provide superior comfort to your baby, allowing the bones and muscles to develop naturally. The color choice, on the other hand, is splendid. The shoes are essentially simple, but the little details, such as the beautiful elephant that decorates the Velcro closure, are absolutely attractive.
Things We Liked
- Velcro closure: putting the shoes on the feet of your baby, or taking them off, as a matter of fact, is a breeze thanks to the Velcro closure.
- Rubber soles: promoting walking, these shoes are fitted with rubber soles that are flexible yet provides superior comfort and balance.
- Developed specifically for infants: compared to the models that are designed for both infants and toddlers, these shoes address only the specific needs of the infants.
- Easy to clean: the uppers are made of leather while the sole is made of rubber, two easy to clean materials.
Things We Didn't Like
- These shoes come in only one color choice, therefore you will not be able to match it to your personal taste or preferences.
5. Momo Baby Boys Thomas Leather Sandals
The last baby shoes for boys on our top are the Thomas sandals manufactured by Momo. These sandals, or to be more accurate these semi-open shoes, are made of leather and boast a flexible rubber sole that allows the natural movement of the feet.
The upper part of the shoes is provided with many openings that ensure a proper airflow, the shoes being designed to keep your baby’s feet dry in the hottest months. Apart from this, the shoes are provided with two Velcro closures that ensure an easy put on and take off of the shoes.
Regarding colors and design, these baby shoes for boys boast a stylish design and come in the combination of colors taupe and navy.
Things We Liked
- Approved by APMA: according to the manufacturer, these shoes are approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Flexible design: both the soles and the uppers are really flexible, allowing the natural movement of the feet.
- Fan-shaped toe cover: the rounded tip of the shoes provide sufficient room to the tiny feet, allowing your baby to move his toes freely.
- Adjustable straps: designed to fit any type of feet, these shoes come with adjustable Velcro straps that ensure an easy put on and take off.
Things We Didn't Like
- The Velcro straps are not fixed properly and can sometimes tear apart easily.
Conclusion & Final Pick
After carefully evaluating the characteristics of all the baby shoes described, we can say that the best baby shoes for boys available on the market are the Wobbly Waddlers Natura Baby Boy Shoes – Tristan. These shoes set themselves apart thanks to the fabulous features they come with, nonetheless to the high-quality materials they are made of.
The first and most important thing we like about these shoes is their flexibility. These shoes will certainly adapt to the shape of your baby’s feet and it will allow him to move freely even when wearing the shoes.
Apart from this, the shoes are suitable for babies in all their development stages and they come in sizes that fit infants and toddlers. The only thing we would improve is the accuracy of the sizes, nevertheless, this small flaw can be easily overlooked, while the other benefits of these shoes will certainly make these shoes perfect for your baby.