5 Cute Diaper Bags for Girls That Every Mom Should Have
It is impossible to deny it: babies need a lot of things. A well-equipped diaper bag is a necessity if you have a newborn or a toddler, and this bag should be easy to carry and match your style.
Although there is a myriad of models available on the market, most parents think they should also match the design of the diaper bag with the gender of the child. If you have a baby girl, you would probably want to find a cute diaper bag that matches her stroller. However, regardless the design, before searching for cute diaper bags for girls, keep in mind that you will use this item to carry more than just diapers. For this reason, the diaper bag should be sturdy and spacious. So let’s see how to choose a good diaper bag then discover some models of cute diaper bags for girls.
How to Choose a Good Diaper Bag
When choosing a diaper bag there are some aspects you should consider. First of all, you have to think about the practicality of the diaper bag and search for a model that will allow you to carry all the necessary baby items you need. So here is what to consider before choosing the diaper bag.
- Dimensions: the dimensions of a diaper bag are very important. As stated above, you should be able to store all the necessary baby items in the bag. These include diapers, baby bottles, a change of clothes and many others. But when considering the dimensions you should also consider how you will be carrying the bag according to your lifestyle. If you like to walk on foot a lot, the diaper bag should be able to accommodate the essentials, but don’t choose a model that is too big. If you use the car more often, then you can choose any size.
- Material: the diaper bags are manufactured in a wide range of materials, including fabric, plastic, leather, polyester or vinyl. No matter what material you choose, make sure it is easy to clean. If you choose the fabric, at least find a fabric that will allow you to remove any stains easily.
- Closures: the closures are a very important aspect of the diaper bags. There are various closures to choose from. The large zippers offer easy access to the content but make sure you will test the zippers well before purchasing the item. The Velcro closure also offers easy access to the content of the diaper bag, but it could ruin the garments made of delicate fabrics. The magnetic locks are great as they provide very easy access, but they might open if the bag falls.
- Compartments: it is essential to choose a diaper bag that has a large number of internal and external pockets. Inside the external pockets, you can store items that need to be easily accessible, while the internal pockets will allow you to organize the content of the bag. In this way, you will know exactly where to find a pacifier, for example, and you will also be able to store the dirty diapers away from the other items in the bag. Ideally, the diaper bag would have:
- Water resistant pockets for dirty diapers.
- Insulated pockets where you can preserve milk bottles at an optimal temperature.
- Zip pockets that can increase the available space.
- Removable straps.
- Internal hooks for pacifiers and toys.
- Design: on the market, there are available diaper bags decorated with all types of printings and of the most various designs. You should choose the one you like best, taking into account your style and other items that it should match, such as the stroller.
- Price: in the case of the diaper bags, the price is not necessarily related to the quality. You can find a high-quality diaper bag for just a few bucks or pay a few hundred dollars for a trendy designer bag that is not at all functional.Keeping in mind that you need an easily cleanable fabric and many compartments, you should choose an affordable but functional model.
What to Put in a Diaper Bag?
Once you have found a cute diaper bag for girls, you will probably wonder which are the essential items you should always carry with you. Make sure that from your diaper bag will not miss:
- Diapers and wipes: you should always have at least four clean diapers with you and wet baby wipes that will allow you to keep your baby clean at all times.
- Plastic bags: if you need to change the diaper of your baby in a place where it is impossible to throw away the dirty diaper, plastic bags will be very helpful.
- Milk and water bottles: in the first months of your baby’s life, a milk baby bottle should be enough. If your child is older, you will probably need a water bottle as well.
- A change of clothing: babies are unpredictable and can often get dirty, so it is always a good idea to have a change of clothing with you.
- First aid kit: this is very important especially if you have an active toddler. Some medical band-aids and a disinfectant should always be with you.
Now that you know how to choose and what essential items to store in a diaper bag, let’s see a top of five cute diaper bags for girls available on the market.
Five Cute Diaper Bags for Girls
1. HaloVa Diaper Bag Backpack
If you’re looking for a fashionable diaper bag to match with the gender of your baby girl – but convenience is the #1 requirement – the HaloVa Diaper Bag Backpack could be the right bag for you. With a convenient backpack design and lots of features, the bag comes in 8 different colors.
Our favorite is orange, a solar color that matches both boys and girls. But the true value of the diaper bag is its capacity. The backpack, although compact, is roomy enough to hold all essentials. The main compartment is spacious and easy to access, while pockets are designed to hold bottles, snacks, towels, wet wipes, and more.
Elegant and versatile, this backpack is ideal for multiple purposes. Use it on travels or trips long after the baby has grown. A helpful after-sale service and a 90 days money back guarantee ensure the quality of the product.
2. SoHo Grand Central Diaper Bag
Beautiful and versatile, SoHo Grand central is more than a diaper bag. Packed and loaded with convenient features and coming with versatile accessories, this diaper bag is ideal for a baby girl. It boasts a stylish striped pattern in two neutral colors, and a brown trim that enhances the appearance.
The bag is spacious enough to hold all essentials. The main compartment features a wide opening; a zipper closure holds all things inside the bag and provides easy access. Internal and external pockets also help you keep everything organized.
Accessories include a convenient clutch bag for events versatility, but also a matching changing mat ideal for a future fashionista. Other colors and styles are also available, although they are more suitable for a boy then a girl.
All in all, this is an amazing diaper bag to consider regardless of the gender of the baby. Versatile, spacious, and easy to carry, this bag promises durability and convenience.
3. Abear Diaper Bag Backpack
A backpack is always a good idea, and even a fashionista can benefit from carrying one. Match Abear Diaper Bag Backpack with the style of your baby and take advantage of the many features and options this backpack comes with.
Our color choice for a girl is pink and grey, but there are other three color combinations to choose from. A large capacity ensures space for all baby items, but the overall size of the backpack is small. Measuring 10.6x8.2x16.5 inches, the product is compact enough to carry in all circumstances.
High-quality water-resistant polyester fabric and strong zippers prevent rain from getting into the backpack. Thirteen storage pockets provide just enough storage space for diapers, wet clothes, wet wipes, and other essentials.
Padded straps and a breathable back ensure comfort, while the lifetime warranty ensures product’s quality.
4. Compact Mommy Tote Bag
Compact and stylish, this diaper bag can fit the style of any mom. Despite its compact dimensions, this diaper bag still has many compartments, being suitable for everyday use if you need to carry your toddler essentials with you. However, this bag might just not be large enough to fit all the items necessary for a newborn or for an infant.
Practical, this diaper bag can be carried using the tote handles or the detachable shoulder strap. All the items inside the bag will be secured due to the zipper closure. In addition to all these, the Compact Mommy Tote Bag comes with a matching changing pad.
5. Weekender Tote Diaper Bag by Hip Cub
Both functional and fashionable, this diaper bag from Hip Cub could be the right choice for those moms who follow the latest fashion trends. This diaper bag is manufactured in cotton canvas and it is built to last. The interior is made from polyester, being easy to clean with a wipe.
The Weekender Tote Diaper Bag is large and can fit all the essentials needed for a newborn, toddler, or even for twins. The bag has a total of nine exterior and interior compartments which will allow you to organize all the stuff inside the bag, including a pocket designed for the dirty diapers.
Conclusion and Final Pick
There are many cute diaper bags for girls to consider, but our favorite is HaloVa Diaper Bag Backpack.
This diaper bag is versatile, stylish, comfortable, and spacious. With a design compact enough to not seem bulky, yet roomy enough to accommodate all baby essentials, this backpack comes in several color options and suits both baby and mom.
A large and easy to access main compartment provides plenty of space for larger baby gear. Pockets keep small items organized, and an insulated pocket with bottle holders keeps baby's drinks safe.
Classy enough to use even after the baby has grown, this cute diaper bag for girls will certainly make heads turn.